Grant Application Instructions
Grant deadlines are March 1st, June 1st, September 1st and December 1st. All grant requests must be submitted electronically. No hard copies will be accepted.
Keep your grant request clear, simple and concise. You may include annual reports, but it’s not necessary. No grants will be accepted for consideration after the deadline dates. Decisions on all requests will be made by the end of the following month, and checks will be mailed to those receiving grant money.
Keep these guidelines in mind:
- You must be a registered non-profit to request a grant.
- We generally give to smaller agencies with less than a $1M annual budget.
- We give to local needs, —- in Wisconsin communities we serve. Generally we do not fund out-of-state requests.
- Priority is given to non-profit agencies with a connection to the Professional Fire Fighters of Wisconsin Charitable Foundation, the Fire Service Community, or to our programs and services.
- We give to specific projects, programs, and new initiatives, not to general operation or annual budget.
- We favor proven programs with a successful track record, —or new, creative initiatives that will address unmet needs.
- We generally do not give to the same agency for multiple, successive years.
- At this time in our history, we generally are able to give grants in the range from $100 to $5,000, although we are willing to consider proposals below or exceeding those amounts.
How to apply:
- Please answer all the Grant Request Questions in our GRANT APPLICATION. We recommend answering questions in a Word document first and cut and paste them into the grant application when you are ready to submit the application.
- Include any documents, (.pdf, .doc, .jpg only), not to exceed a combined total of 10mb.
- Our grant application is based on the Wisconsin Common Grant Application from the Wisconsin Philanthropy Network. Please use the link for questions about the application.
- Please contact us with any questions.
For Grant/Sponsorship Requests <$1,000
- Please answer the following questions and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Name of Organization
- Complete Address
- Contact Person and Title
- Organization Phone and Email
- How did you hear about the Professional Fire Fighters of Wisconsin Charitable Foundation Foundation.
- Briefly, what is your mission/goal and how long have you been in existence
- Briefly, describe the project/program for which this grant request is being made
- What is your organization’s total annual budget approximately
- What is the total budget for this particular project/program
- What amount are you requesting for this specific project/program
- Have you received funding from the Professional Fire Fighters of Wisconsin Charitable Foundation before? (If yes, when?)
- What is the focus area of this request (indicate all that apply)
-Education -Arts -Human Services -Religion -Environment -Health -Other
If “other”, explain:
Thank you for the good work that you do to make the world a better place for everyone.